Saturday, July 17, 2010

Boys of Summer

Hotlanta has a whole new meaning!! It was definitely hot (although the Braves were not), but we had a great time. I'm afraid John Parker and Avery are spoiled because they've gotten to sit at club level for both the MLB games that they've been to--thanks to John Bret's friend Brian. It's so nice to be in the air condition and be able to to sit outside and watch the game. John Parker and John Bret spent a few innings sitting right behind home plate. John Parker absolutely loved it. He said that he wanted to play for the Braves when he grows up. He told John Bret that hearing the ball hit the catcher's glove was the best sound he had ever heard. When we were leaving the game after the fireworks show, he turned to me and said, "Mama, this is probably the best day of my life." I love that sweet boy. Avery loved all the food (especially the ice cream cart) and the tomahawk chop. She called it "the hammer". She also loved all the music and dancing. I bet at least 10 people at the ballpark told me what a beautiful family we have. They are certainly my greatest accomplishment (thank you God) and I didn't tell John Parker this...but...it was one of the best days of my life too!

0 comments: