Friday, June 26, 2009

VBS 2009


John Parker has been at VBS this week. The theme was "Discovery Canyon"--where they had a beautiful backdrop of mountains, a waterfall, tee-pees, and wild animals. They caught bugs, made a pottery piece (although I'm not sure what it is!), made bread and learned about Native American missions. Today was the closing program where they told what they'd learned and sang. The first song was "My God is an Awesome God" and it brought tears to my eyes. John Parker sang his little heart out. I could hear him from where I was standing! I'm so thankful to belong to such a great church--not only a church--but a community of believers! Our God is indeed an Awesome God!!

Note: I also included a couple of photos of my "2 little monkeys jumping on the bed". They love to do this every night after their baths and I don't know anything sweeter.....

0 comments: