Friday, June 12, 2009

My Sweet Boy

It's always been said that there is a big difference between boys and girls-- and that's certainly true. The personalities of my 2 couldn't be different. Avery is the independent one with the sassy attitude--not in a bad way, but she has a confidence that just shines through and she isn't afraid to be by herself. Her new teacher said she was "spunky" and that fits her to a T. In fact, I've started calling her "Spunky Monkey". John Parker is the sensitive one--always worried about hurting someone's feelings or thinking about things way beyond his years. My Dad's brother has been very ill with liver disease over the past several years and isn't expected to make it much longer, so my Dad flew to Minnesota yesterday to be with him and his other siblings (My Dad is the oldest of 6). The kids have been staying with my parents this week and John Parker told me yesterday that Papa was sad because his brother is dying. My Mom said that he was fascinated by the fact that Papa had brothers and sisters and was asking about why Papa was sad. She told him that he was grieving and he knew that meant he was sad. Always, out of the blue--he'll ask about why people do things and that God wants us to be kind and nice and how one day we'll see Jesus every day. It does my heart good to hear him talk about Jesus and know that he is sensitive to other people's sadness. Both of our children are such a blessing and I thank God everyday for them and pray for his continued guidance as we raise them.

0 comments: